May 3, 2018


Post by Sam Abbitt

UPDATE: Saturday, 5/19/18, 8:00 AM
Charlotte, NC – Click here for current weather conditions and forecast.

To all participants,

Due to afternoon storms in the forecast, please arrive as early as you can today. We have room in earlier waves due to last minute cancellations. If you can’t get here earlier, that’s ok too. We plan to keep all waves running as scheduled, weather permitting.



UPDATE: Tueday, 5/15/18, 2:43 pm
Charlotte, NC – Click here for current weather conditions and forecast.

CURRENT STATUS – Savage Race and Savage Blitz Charlotte events are scheduled to occur as planned. No changes to the race schedule have been made.

We are tracking the weather for this weekend’s event closely. The current weather forecast indicates showers for most of the weekend with the potential for lightning. We will not cancel or change event plans due to rain only. We will continue to monitor lightning risk as the event approaches and during the event. If we suspect that the threat of lightning is imminent, or if lightning does strike in the vicinity of the race course, we will temporarily suspend the event until the lightning risk has left the area. If this does occur on race day, please seek shelter in your vehicle and follow this page for updates.

As of now, no changes to the race schedule have been made. Please check this page regularly for updates.

-Sam Abbitt

Foul Weather FAQ

Will you suspend or cancel Savage Race due to rain, lightning, or thunder?
We will not suspend or delay Savage Race for rain only. If it’s raining, we are running. If it’s lightning or thunder, we are waiting until the storm clears the area for 30 minutes before opening/reopening.

What should I do if I’m on the course and lightning or thunder strikes?
Please head immediately to the safety of your car, and check this page for updates. We will make every effort to re-open the course back up after the lightning clears.

If the race is stopped, will I be able to run after the weather clears?
Our number one priority is your safety. Our number two priority is to make sure that everyone gets to run and has a good time. We will make every effort to allow you to run after the weather clears, on the day you registered. In the event of a foul weather postponement, status updates will be posted to this page.

What if I can’t wait around for the weather to clear?
If the weather forces us into a prolonged holding pattern, and you cannot wait onsite until the weather clears, we will offer free transfers to any future event. All you will have to do is write in to us during the week after your planned event. We will not offer refunds of any kind due to weather related cancellations or postponements.

But I signed a death waiver… I thought this was Savage Race?
We understand that you signed a waiver, and that some of you are so tough that you don’t give a shit if you die in a lightning storm. However, this isn’t only about you. We have an obligation to the safety of our volunteers and staff, and we cannot clear them to safety until you are off the course. Believe us – we absolutely hate stopping or postponing events more than you do.